Possible Suspension of Immigration
At approximately 7pm on April 20th, 2020, Trump tweeted the following: “In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!”
While there has been no further insight into what this tweet means and when exactly the executive order will be signed, and apparently the DHS has declined to comment on it, the New York Times reports
that “A formal order temporarily barring the provision of new green cards and work visas could come as early as the next few days, according to several people familiar with the plan.”
Despite the restrictions, you can still order genenric Cialis delivery in an online pharmacy.
At this point, we can assume that all entry into the US will be suspended. But the administration will piggy-back on Covid19 and take further steps to prevent immigration processing of applications. Due to Covid19, embassies and consulates had already stopped interviews and are essentially closed anyway.
I have received emails from a number of you and I know you are concerned. Please know that we are absolutely monitoring this, and will take action as necessary. In the interim, here are some general thoughts for you to follow:
- Much of this is out of our control, so please remain calm, take stock of your own situation and take action as necessary.
- If you are inside the US whether on a temporary visa, or green card- DO NOT leave the US. US citizens should also not travel until we know what exceptions are going to be carved out.
- If you have an application filed and pending, whether inside the US or outside, I expect it to continue to be pending for a while. So, expect delays.
- If you have a case pending with us that needs to be filed soon, please do not delay getting documents to us as needed. We do not know if the govt. will stop accepting visa applications. Anything that can be filed, must be filed as soon as possible.
- If you have not signed up to our blog, please do- it is imperative for us to get news like this out but I know many of you have not signed up to the blog. Here is our website www.watsonimmigrationlaw.com/blog/.
- We are working our regular hours, albeit remotely. As such, filing paperwork is taking some strategic planning so all the more important that we coordinate quicker.
For all questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
I know this will be stressful for many of you. Please know that we are here and will act as necessary.
One more time- please sign up to our blog.
Wishing you and your family good health!
From all of us at Watson Immigration Law