The long anticipated fear of the administration revoking H4 EADs is finally seeing some action. Last week, the proposed rules were sent to the OMB which means that the proposed rules will be published in the very near future. I know this is distressing to many people. As a long standing advocate for H4 EADs, it is disappointing to the see the administration actually taking steps towards revoking this incredibly important rule. So, what are the options for those affected?
- If you are within the window of renewing your EAD, best to do so at your earliest opportunity.
- Is an H1B visa for you? Explore this with your employer. The cap season is here and if an H1B is possible, you have no time to lose.
- Did you know you can have a self-employed H1B? The rules for the H1B are the same, and the scrutiny can be higher, but it is possible. Read my book if you want to learn more, and of course, you can contact us.
- If you are not from a country that is eligible for an E2 visa, we can discuss alternative ways to consider an E2.
- I know the Indian H1B community has been flocking towards the EB5 option- but many of you have only heard or been at seminars about regional centers. While regional centers can be good options for some, it is not the best for everyone. In some instances, you are not even eligible. So, if you want to learn more about EB5s that are not about regional centers, otherwise known as direct EB5s, contact us. Now is the time to take action, especially if you have been thinking about it.
In the meantime, talk to your Congressional representatives. I have seen White House petitions circulating- sign those. Talk to media folks and get your stories out. The time to take action is now.
**Copyright 2019 by Watson Immigration Law. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.